The National Indigenous Elder Justice Initiative (NIEJI) provides culturally appropriate information and community education materials on elder abuse, neglect, and exploitation in Indian Country.
Resources available through NIEJI include
- Assistance to tribes in addressing indigenous elder abuse, neglect, and exploitation through information and sharing resources
- List of elder abuse codes from tribes across the nation
- Directory of state and tribal hotlines for organizations that address elder abuse locally
- Training modules and tools to increase awareness of elder abuse in Indian Country
- Current news on elder abuse and elder issues
- Information on upcoming events throughout the nation that address elder abuse and elder issues
NIEJI is funded by the Administration for Community Living and serves American Indian, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian communities. It is located at the Center for Rural Health at the University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences.